05/11/2012

Shu Uemura eyelash curlers - worth £20?

I heard so many things great things about these eyelash curlers that about a month ago i decided to take the plunge and buy them.

Up until now, i had stuck to cheap eyelash curlers from Boots/Superdrug that cost less than a fiver. I curl my eyelashes pretty much every day before applying mascara, so i definitely get a lot of use out of them.


The Shu Uemura curlers look pretty similar to normal, metal curlers. The curve of the actual curlers are slightly more suited for almond shaped eyes and this may be partly why they are so popular with an Asian audience.

I was a little disappointed when i first took them out of the box - i'm not sure why, but for some reason i was expecting something different (don't ask me what!).

These curlers are light, easy to use and don't have that uncomfortable pinchy feeling of the cheaper ones I've used in the past. They give an excellent curl that lasts all day and so far, the rubber curling pad is lasting well.


So - are they worth paying four times the amount of a standard curler? For me, yes they are. If you plan to use curlers every day, then i think that these will be a good investment and last you well. However, if you only curl occasionally, then you can probably get away with a cheaper pair, just be gentle when you use them.

Have you tried these before?
Share:

8 comments

  1. I'm desperate to get a decent pair of eyelash curlers! Thanks for the review it helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome. I also saw a lady trying these out on a Shu counter the other week so i think you can have a quick go and see if they work for you or not :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! I have been considering buying these as my cheap ones are needing replaced so was good to hear what you thought of them!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them, although some people prefer the MAC ones. Just personal taste i guess. :)

      Delete
  3. I think they are worth every penny. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! love it :D

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the best I've tried! They don't do refill pads though, you have to buy a new curler which is really annoying!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! i didn't know that! Hopefully the pads will last for a long time...

      Delete

© Tales of a Pale Face | UK beauty blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig